Sunday, April 8, 2012

!i! Another Trip to Paradise !i!


A.J. and I thought we wouldn't return back to Oahu for awhile. We had been 3 times since we have been married. But when my sister and her husband wanted to go with us, we just couldn't turn down another trip to paradise...especially if it was with them.

But going back to Hawaii meant flying again. It was definitely worth it when we got there, but it was a rough flight. We had a layover in Phoenix. Then it was off to Oahu. Usually I like to sleep on the way across the water. It helps with the anxiety I experience. But there was a "fussy" baby on the flight whose scream sounded like shrieking. It was impossible to sleep.

We finally arrived in paradise. I love the feeling of stepping off the plane in Oahu. A wave of humidity completely washes over you. It is so refreshing. Some people receive leis when they arrive in the airport and you can smell a hint of the sweet scent of the flowers.

I always worry a little about our luggage making it to our destination, but breathed a sigh of relief as we spotted our luggage going around the baggage claim. We got our rental car and immediately set our station to KCCN FM 100 (the local reggae station) and drove to our hotel. By now, AJ hardly even needs the GPS (but we did have it so we could listen to the British man try to pronounce all the Hawaiian street names).

After the long flight, we were so tired we all went to bed. There was a 4 hr time difference over there so while it was 9:00 their time, it was 1:00 a.m. our time and we were exhausted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

I have mixed feelings about this and the following posts. While I am very happy you got to go to Oahu again (holy heck you've been 4 freaking times!!!)...I also have this twinge of jealously that I just can't seem to get rid of :). I'm excited to see what you guys did! I'm also glad that you were able to go with Carolyn and Matt...especially if you couldn't go with us. At least they're a close second to our awesomeness...hahahaha :)

April 9, 2012 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger A.J. and Steph said...

We wish you guys could have come with us too. We love hanging out with you guys!!(But you had more EXCITING things going on around that time!)

April 13, 2012 at 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home