Tuesday, February 14, 2012

!i! February's Day of Love !i!

For Valentine's Day, we decided to keep it simple. After all, our real Valentine's day present is coming next month with a week in Hawaii. We celebrated Valentine's Day on the 13th because A.J. had to work on Valentine's Day.

There was really only one thing I wanted for Valentine's Day. And AJ, being the attentive husband that he is, picked up on my many hints. I did not want flowers because flowers die. I wanted something more sweet. I wanted...

PEANUT BUTTER M&Ms!

A.J. had also made dinner for us. I was very impressed. This was no small feat. He made Chicken Alfredo Pizza from scratch! This included making the pizza dough! Yeast intimidates me, but he did a great job! It was delicious!!

For A.J's present, he wanted me to make him a dessert. After I got home from work, I whipped up some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies! (I have posted the recipe on the food blog).

I really enjoyed keeping things simple this year. Valentine's Day is about spending time with the people that you love and showing them how much you love them. You don't need much money for that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

What's funny is that all I wanted for Valentines day was chocolate as well. However, I didn't give any hints...I flat out told Brigham if I didn't get chocolate I wasn't going to be happy. Did I get any chocolate? No....maybe AJ should give him so help in the listening department.

But I'm glad you got such a yummy meal and had a great Valentine's Day!

February 15, 2012 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger A.J. and Steph said...

Oh sad! Come over. I got two bags!! Let's eat chocolate!

February 15, 2012 at 6:43 PM  
Blogger Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

Yeast terrifies me too my friend. Tim is the one who makes our dough if we make pizza...and in fact, he made homemade bread today :).

It looks like you guys had a great day! Oh...and p.s., I LOVE peanut butter m&ms too. They're pretty much amazing :)

February 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home