Friday, August 12, 2011

!i! That One Hike Where We Were Eaten Alive !i!

The other day, instead of running on a treadmill, I decided a hike would be fun for my workout. A.J. agreed to go with me. We drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon. We started at Silver lake then took the Twin Lakes trail.There were mosquitoes EVERYWHERE! A.J. thought that as soon as we started on the trail away from the lake, the mosquitoes would dwindle. Not so...WE WERE EATEN ALIVE!! After the hike was completed, A.J. and I had a grand total of at least half a dozen bites each.

Although, between swatting for mosquitoes, we saw some really awesome things!

We hiked past a rock slide...

We passed a field of wild flowers...We found some moose tracks...not the ice cream (although that would have been nice too).


And we finally made it up to the lake.
There were even more mosquitoes up here than down at the larger lake. They were swarming at us from all directions. We had to get out of there. I had a bite behind my ear, a couple on my arms, and three around my ankle.


As we were getting into our car, A.J. summed it up pretty well when he said "Honey, I think it's time we invest in some bug spray."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home