Tuesday, October 12, 2010

!i! We are 1 yr old !i!

AJ and I recently celebrated our one year anniversary. I cannot believe how quickly it has passed, but at the same time, I feel like we have been together for a long time (since we have been dating for 4 years)! AJ surprised me in the morning with his present to me.

That night, we ate at Famous Dave's (our first date) and went to Desert Star. We came home and it was time to pull out the 1 year old frozen cake. I had always wondered how people eat their wedding cake on their one year anniversaries. I figured it would get freezer burn and taste old!

After our wedding, AJ's mom prepared our cake for the deep freeze.

We began unwrapping it...


Still unwrapping...

It's getting smaller and smaller! I think there is a cake in there somewhere!

After quite possibly an entire roll of both plastic wrap and aluminum foil, we found it!

Still decorated and with the ribbon attached.


After being a little nervous, we tasted it! I was so surprised! It was so moist and delicious and without any hint of freezer burn at all! AJ's mom did such a great job preparing it! It was the best spice cake I have ever had!...And it was as old as us! :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home