Tuesday, August 10, 2010

!i! Fire !i!

A few nights ago, I was woken up around 1:30 in the morning to a siren just outside of our window. I peeked out the window and I saw a fire truck pull in, but I didn't think much of it. I went back to bed. About half an hour later, I heard more sirens pull in. I looked out the window again and I see the firemen unrolling the fire hose. At this point, I thought there must be something going on. I couldn't see anything from our bedroom windows so I ran outside and this is what I see from my front door:


I ran back inside and I tell AJ to get out of bed, get dressed, and start packing. I start packing all of our sentimental things like our pictures and our wedding video. AJ goes straight to his computer tower and grabs it. While we are packing, a police officer bangs on our door and tells us to get out of our apartment. I scrambled to get the rest of our stuff and we run out the door. We stood out there for 2 and 1/2 hours waiting...wondering if the fire was going to spread to our building and wondering if there would be any smoke damage. Fortunately, we were let back into our apartment around 5 in the morning. We were so grateful that we were both safe and that we didn't lose anything. We were also grateful that we have renter's insurance!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home