Thursday, June 13, 2013

!i! We Turned 28 !i!

 
Last month, we celebrated our 28th birthday!  Twenty eight!  Why does every birthday get more and more difficult.  In 2 years, we will be 30!  I never pictured my life older than about 22.  People have stopped calling me "Miss" and I have inherited "Ma'am" which is a word that I think should be banned, but that's another story.

As a 28 yr old...

I probably shouldn't shop in the Junior's department anymore.
I probably shouldn't blast my music in my car so loud that the neighbors can hear me pull up.
I probably should be eating my fruits and vegetables by now.
I probably shouldn't be reading Teen Fiction books.
I should probably be more interested in politics and world events.
I probably shouldn't be surprised when I see a missionary biking down the street and they look 12 years old.
I probably shouldn't be surprised when I see people my age that have kids in elementary school.

As AJ says, you are only as old as you feel and I feel like I am still 21.

The reality of things is that the next years of my life will fly by and the next thing I know, I will think "where did all those years go?"  When that day comes, I sure hope that I have a lot of adventurous stories to tell.  Many trips to Hawaii.  Many sceneries that can't be put into words.  Many stories that I can't get through because I am laughing so hard!  And many "you had to be there moments."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home