Wednesday, January 13, 2010

!i! Wedding Day !i!


So...We got married. It was fabulous. I have definitely become a fan of marriage. Living with your best friend is the absolute greatest. I laugh every single day!

We got married in the Salt Lake Temple at 10:20. Looking back, I wonder why? You'd think that was an acceptable time. It's not too early and leaves enough time to squish the pictures in, jam in the luncheon, and even fit that reception in there somewhere. But for the bride (who hardly sleeps the night before), waking up for a hair appointment at 6:00 a.m. is no picnic.

After we got married, we took pictures (which will be posted when we get them). Pictures took approximately two hours. Then we ran over to a church where the luncheon was held. Subway sandwiches!! Who would've guessed? AJ and I adore Subway and since they couldn't cater the reception, the luncheon worked out just great. Thanks Lokeys!

Our reception was held in the Joseph Smith Memorial building. There was a great view and great food. A cake bar. Who could ask for anything better?! After all, everyone always wants dessert! However, none of the line got the opportunity to eat any cake. The line extended out the door and down the hall. We greeted guests for two hours until the hostess frantically tells me they've run out of food and we need to cut the cake NOW!! (For a tiny lady, I was slightly afraid).

We cut the cake. I made AJ swear to me that he would not shove it in my face or else I was going home with my parents after the reception. That would have made for a lovely wedding night don't you think? He kept his promise (more for him I think). Then we had our first dance as husband and wife. Our string quartet played Unchained Melody and we felt silly being in the spotlight for so long.

Then I danced with my dad and AJ with his mom and of course I started bawling like a baby. My dad told me to stop crying because everyone would think he said something to make me cry...which made me laugh and then cry harder. My dad is the best!

I tossed my bouquet and AJ tossed the garter. Oddly enough, guess who caught it! His old mission companion that he originally set me up on that blind date. Must be fate... Anyway we ran out through the hall of bubbles and drove away happily ever after.

Ok...that's not how it went. We were running short on time so we "fake" ran through the hall of bubbles...just for photos and our video. I actually didn't even have any shoes on. But it looked good anyway. Then we changed and we didn't even leave until an hour and a half late.

We left for real this time and found AJ's car with children seran wrapped to the front bumper looking like they were dead. Fabulous start to the wedding night wouldn't you think?!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home