Sunday, July 19, 2009

!i! The Beginning !i!



AJ and I met August of 2006 in a class at SLCC. (Go Bruins!). I will never forget the first time we talked. AJ thought I was a stalker and a wierdo and I thought he was a cocky player with no manners. Our relationship was off to a FANTASTIC start.

I saw on the class roster that someone had the same birthday as I did (same day, month, and year) and I thought it was him. So I asked . The look on his face was priceless...similar to "You crazy stalker woman, how did you know that?" We eventually started talking and spending time together and our opinions began to change.

Originally AJ wanted to set me up with a companion of his so I went along with it. After secretly hoping nothing would happen between the companion and me, he asked me out and we have been together ever since.


After the first date, I knew AJ was special. I had never dated someone quite like him before. He picked me up at 7 and brought me some very unique looking flowers. We ate at Famous Dave's, carved pumpkins at his house, played at the playground, star-gazed up in the canyon (where I saw my first shooting star), watched a movie (which name I will strategically omit to prevent us from being mocked), and stayed up until 6:30 in the morning talking. Although I never admitted it, I knew after the first date that things would be different with AJ. I had finally met someone who treated me with the respect and dignity that I deserved.

After two years and five months, AJ proposed and we will be getting married in the Salt Lake temple on September 25, 2009.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home