Sunday, November 4, 2012

!i! Natural History Museum !i!

Recently, Carolyn, AJ, and I went to the newly renovated Natural History Museum.  I remember visiting the Natural History Museum as a child and digging through the sandbox to uncover plastic bones just as a scientist would do.  Part of me was hoping I could dig through the sandbox on this trip too.

The first floor of the museum contained displays of bugs and lizards native to Utah.

Then we discovered the displays of fossils, fragments of dinosaur bones, and dinosaur footprints.

Finally, we found the dinosaur skeletons.  There were so many of them and and they were gigantic!

A.J. liked to reenact the dinosaurs.
Then there were displays of native American Indians, gems and precious stones, Lake Bonneville, and tarantulas!  That glass was not thick enough for me to put my face that close to the tarantula!
 There was a display that measured seismic activity representing earthquakes.  There was a metal plate that you jumped on that would measure your seismic activity.  The first arrow is mine.  I was pretty proud of my jump because my wave was bigger than all the previous jumpers.  Then it was AJ's turn.  His seismic wave was double mine! (I guess that's a good thing).

The Natural History Museum was absolutely huge!  We were there for four hours and still didn't even have time to explore everything!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

That looks fun! We'll have to check that place out!

November 5, 2012 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger A.J. and Steph said...

You should! I bet your kiddos would LOVE it!

November 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home